The Internet of things is also known as IOT. With the help of the internet it communicates with devices like computers and mobile to complete tasks. The connection of devices with the internet or with each other is the internet of things. The Internet of things is a network which connects multiple devices with each other like fitness devices connect with smartphones. IOT works on sensors and software which are connected with the internet. Today IOT is used to take and transfer data over a wireless network without human interferences.
History of IOT
The idea of connecting devices was around 1970. But the actual term was coined by kevin ashton in 1999. Ashton, who was working in supply chain optimization , wanted to attract senior management attention to a new technology called RFID.
Because the internet was the hottest trend in 1999. To make sense he called his presentation the internet of things. Machines have been providing direct communication since the telegraph was developed in 1830 to 1840. The development of computers Began in 1950. With the development of computers IOT started better development
How many leading type of IOT
There are six types of IOT. Which are given below. RFID.
It stands for low power wide area network. It is mainly used in apps like smart lightning. It is designed to allow long range communication at a low bit rate. It is wireless IOT connectivity with limited needs Its range is better than wi-fi and Bluetooth.
It also uses networks such as smart phones to communicate devices. Today this type of wireless network is a very popular and secure network. But it wants more power and energy. Cell service is available in most locations of the U.S.
Zigbee and Mesh networks:
Mesh networks are best in connectivity and describe that how networks communicate with each other. In a mesh network all the sensors cross united to distribute data among each other for gateway.
A short range wireless communication technology for exchanging data using short-wavelength. Primary strength of Bluetooth is communication between devices such as smartphones or tablets, because it does not use cellular data and satellite communication. It requires a gateway.
It stands for radio frequency identification. It is a wireless system of two components are tags and readers. The reader is a that has one more antennas that emit radio waves and take bach signals from the RFID tag. RFID tags allow users to automatically and uniquely identify and track inventory and asset more antennas that emit radio waves and take backs signals from the RFID tag. RFID tags allow users to and track inventory and assets automatically and uniquely identify RFID tag. RFID tags allow users to automatically and uniquely identify and track inventory.
6. Local and personal area network[LAN/PAN]
The network of short range are local area network and personal area Network: Its cost is fair. But transfer sometimes is not so safe. These technologies that are commonly corporate into IoT connectivity solutions are like Wi-Fi. It wants a little more battery.
Future of IOT
The future of IOT is limitless. Its development is growing with time. In the future IOT will be faster, lower cost and effective management. In the future it has better security of the entire IoT ecosystem including sensors. It makes everything smart from watches(smartwatch and fitness band) to cars(features like auto driving). For its more connectivity it is growing better for the future. It minimizes human effort and saves more time in the future. They communicated with each other and did a lot of tasks for us.
Advantage and disadvantage of the IOT
Advantage of IOT are given below:
1. Easy access: Today at any place if we want necessary information we want only a smart device and internet connection.
2. Speed: IOT transfers data at a very fast speed and it does tasks very quickly. In the future after 5g its speed will increase very high.
3. Communication: IOT devices communicate with each other (to do tasks) is called machine to machine communication. It can make transparent connections in devices.
4. Cost reduction: It reduces the cost of work because the IOT sensors easily maintain equipment.
5. Save time: IOT saves time because it does work itself, it does not want human reaction.
6. Resource utilization :It is used in utilization(make use of) of resources in a better way.
Disadvantage of IOT are also given below:
1. Security and privacy: It connects with many devices, so it has the danger of hacking and hackers are also able to steal our personal information.
2. Unemployment: It reduces our jobs because the IOT machine replaces humans. IOT increases automation.
3. Dependency: In those days we started depending on IOT like online shopping and online banking.
4. Non similarity: Devices are not connected with other company devices for example nowadays Bluetooth connect with some devices not with all.